Sunday, February 22, 2009

Welcome to Piñata!

A piñata is bright and colorful and full of surprises! Here at Piñata you will find plenty of tidbits and links to parenting resources on the web. The focus of Piñata is to share fresh ideas about raising healthy, well-rounded kids. Topics of interests include green parenting, raising bilingual kids, trends in early childhood education, children's literature as well as development of the spiritual side of your child. I have been blogging personally since 2005 and am drawn to this medium as a professional educator and amateur writer. After teaching Kindergarten through 2nd grade since 1996, I am currently six months pregnant with my first child. I am also a certified yoga instructor and had a childrens' yoga business in South Florida from 2002-2005 before relocating to Southern California. I am bilingual; having learned Spanish as a second language while spending a year living in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia as an exchange student. My husband and I are planning to raise our son to be bilingual as well.

I can't wait to hear some of your stories and specific areas of interest as we set out to find the treasures in the piñata!

Dale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin