Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fresh Spring idea: Plant a Pizza Garden!

Since tomatoes, peppers, onions, basil and parsley all need lots of sun, rich soil and regular watering, consider plotting out an area for a pizza garden this Spring! How much fun to plant, tend and harvest your own ingredients for a delicious summer pizza!
If you have the space, you could plant the vegetables in pie shaped pieces of a large circle. If you are short on space, consider using containers instead. Herbs such as basil, thyme and parsley could share a large pot, as could onions and peppers. Your ingredients should be ready in just a few months! Celebrate Spring by planting something edible to enjoy soon!

You can also visit Kids Gardening for other great ideas!
Enjoy this post? Why not subscribe via RSS or email?

2 comments:

  1. We're actually heading out tomorrow to buy some seeds, planters and soil to grow some veggies with my toddler.
    I'm so glad I read this because you gave me a great idea! Pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're actually heading out tomorrow to buy some seeds, planters and soil to grow some veggies with my toddler.
    I'm so glad I read this because you gave me a great idea! Pizza!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin